Pages

Saturday, March 06, 2010

A Project kinda girl

I really love projects.  You know something other than scrapbooking (shock!)  that will take most of the day to complete.  Something that ususally makes a huge mess.  Something other than housework.

So today I decided it was time to make a teepee :)  I had seen and admired one that Rachel Denbow made so printed out her instructions and away I went.  Rachel's blog is super cute and full of lots of crafty goodness, so pop over and have a lookie.

The only thing I had to purchase was the poles.  They came to around $30, we couldn't find what we needed in pine so just bought another type of timber, I am sure if you could find pine it would be cheaper.  Everything else I had at hand.  It was really nice to use up some of my vintage sheet stash.

The teepee was really easy to construct, but by the end there was lots and lots of fabric to hold while sewing.  The looks on the girls faces when it was finished was wonderful, they have played in it all evening (as has Mr Freddie Bear our doggie) and it won't be put away anytime soon.

 

  

 Now I want one for my bedroom, with fairy lights in it.  Which of course won't happen, because our room is tiny ..... but I can certainly dream :)

Love Lisa xx

7 comments:

Janelle Wind said...

WOWEE Lisa, this is STUNNING with a capital S!! My girl will be green with envy when she sees this as she has been eyeing off the one Rachel made too. I would love to pick your brains one day so we could make one too. Well done, it is GORGEOUS!! xx Janelle

Helen Jolly said...

Super cute!
Love it Lisa!!!!!!

Sandra said...

OMG!!! Lisa - it's fabulous. totally love it!

ann said...

That is "Awesome"

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome! Clever girl.

RachelDenbow said...

It's lovely! I like seeing one with printed fabrics and it's obvious your girls are having a ball! You're a good mama!

miss~nance said...

WOW Lisa this is awesome, you are one very celver cookie. Not to mention a fabuous mum to do this. I can see lots of hours of play in ahead. Would make agreat pressie too.

Hugs & Blessings

Gail